Medical expenses for my 85 year old mother and 3 previously bad sales years caused me to file bankruptcy in May 07. In doing so, I reaffirmed on an auto loan with Honda Financial.Also, during this time period I changed from a regular bank to my company's credit union continuing to make payments to Honda. Apparently during the banking switch one of my car payments did not go through. I still am unable to figure out exactly what happened, however my CU does not send notices to keep costs down to its members. I was totally unaware of the missed Honda payment until I got a collection call from Honda in late October 07, telling me I was one payment past due. I told the collection rep I had not missed any payments and that she must be mistaken. She said "oh, I see now that the missed payment is actually from June. I said June, its now late October. She said that because of the bankruptcy they were not allowed to contact me about any payments. I asked couldn't you even send a written notice?? She said they were not allowed to send statements during that time period. My discharge date was October 07. I told the Honda collection rep that I would try to pay extra to cover the arrears, but under the circumstances of trying to get current on 2 student loans and my mortgage payment, I doubt that I could come up with and extra car payment that quickly. I was already working 2 jobs to get caught up. The collection rep said that she was sorry but that the collection calls would escalate.Escalate they did. Honda proceeded to dun me at work and at home. I finally had to ask them not to call me at work. I was sending extra on the missed June payment to get it caught up. I planned to pay the remaining arrears in March 08 with my upcoming bonus check from a good sales year. Shortly after I asked them to stop calling me at work -"Shanita" at Honda repossed the vehicle for not even one complete payment!! Mind you I had been trying to pay extra on the payment since I was notified of it in October 07.The recovery center for Ohio is in Elgin, Il. Calling there to find out about the whereabouts of the vehicle was an exercise in futility. I asked for a supervisor and got Christa-ext 4084.
I have never, ever been spoken to so harshly and treated so rudely before in my life. As traumatic as this was already, "Christa told me that this was my fault and that I needed to pay my bills. I told her for gods sake the payment was from June and I didn't know anything about it until October she replied "they are under no obligation to let me know anything". It is my responsibility. She was nasty and augumentative.The recovery rep Lisa Howard was just as bad. Her replies to my questions made me feel like I was on Mission Impossible. The day they picked up the car I was on my way to make a payment (which I always Money Wire) I asked this rep "how do I get my car back"? she said well I cant tell you anything until I get the file back from the rep who repossed it, but it should be by the end of the business day. But she added---it wont be just for the amount that's past due. Okay, by now I've missed one days work from my full time and part time jobs-no car.My "right to cure" the default totalled 2269.72. One partial payment, one regular payment (that I was ready to pay) $25 of the $325 repo costs (the rest added to the end of my loan) plus 2 additional security payments. Also, the regular March payment would be due as scheduled---GRAND TOTAL 2839.24. Excessive amounts by anyone's measure. When I asked Ms. Howard if we could reduce these amounts and work something out- She replied"you have no options". If you dont pay it your car will be sold. Do these reps eat bones for breakfast?I have told everyone and anyone who would listen to me not to ever buy a Honda vehicle and certainly not to finance it through Honda financial.This is predatory treatment at best. If I intended not to pay for the vehicle I would not have reaffirmed on it. Do you know how many offers you receive to buy a brand new car directly after bankruptcy?? It is easier than pie. My car purchase was a 2006 used Honda.
I am still numb and reeling from the treatment I have received, this outrageous no option "right to cure" plan and for being talked to and treated like ***.What I no for sure is they have lost the potential interest on this loan for good. When I get the car back it will be refinanced with lightening quick speed.
No one deserves to be treated this way.Do not use Honda Financial. I am still reeling from this As soon
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Repossessed Car
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Not sure how many people read the paper these days...but today in the Bourbonnais, Illinois Daily Journal a story line caught my eye...'IL residents snap up U.S. State Silver Bars'...."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."
- "Nik Lazanas on the picture the second from left ist involved in many criminal companies and taking money from investors, making promises and just spending the money himself on fun,..."
- "I am still on hold with the 888-851-8821 customer service hotline. I've yet to talk to a human being. I decided to venture away from Proflowers who I usually order..."
- "Fri the 18 on glenway we were extremely disappointed. The quality is *** and the service is worst. If your motto is we have the meats then i would have..."
- "My daughter made herself a salad from Krogers Iceberg lettuce yesterday, she is 12 years old!...I had a few bites out from her bowl an I had upset stomach today..."
- "Horrible customer service! The lady on the phone wouldn't stop interrupting me and if I kept talking while she interrupted me she would speak louder than me. We talked about..."
- "All of our high-end appliances in the entire home come from Trail. When one of them failed (still under manufacturer's warranty), we called Trail for repair. They sent a technician (Sergiy..."
- " I bought a Southern Motion recliner 3 years ago. It is a power recliner, it has been comfortable. The leather is peeling off from the headrest down. There is..."